Wednesday, November 25, 2009

more frustration

I continue to hold stocks that turn red on every rally...

 and my attempts to short the market are useless.

 Today -- the dollar was crushed and that was all that was needed the day before Thanksgiving to run the markets up.

  I bought CBST and AGO -- both fizzled and died and left me with losses.

 My problem is that I'm buying support lines instead of breaks on strength.  Today's big winner for example , were RINO and BKS and TSTC -- all of these charts the stock is very extended and expensive.  Same with AMZN.  Buying at support may work but will require greater patience.  APWR also had a great day and is far off its trendline.  Daytrading requires buying uncomfortably high stocks.  Swing trading requires much more patience -- so there's the trade off.  I guess I'm not as patient as I think I am.

 Fortunately, my IRA had gains in CSGH and XNYH so it wasn't a complete loss.  But my trading was.

 In my Mom's account, 13 out of 19 positions were down on a strong day.  As a swing trader, this should not bother me.  But it does.  It definitely does.

No comments: