Saturday, January 16, 2010

What Was I Scared Of?

Several times this year I have dumped positions at a loss... even though they did not violate mental stops... and watched them all go raging higher.

I think what I learned this week is that all good positions have a scare you out moment... or almost all of them.

As I mentioned before, good value stocks take time... and you don't need to trade every day.  You also can withstand drawdowns.

I have often frequently bought stocks that tanked that I thought were great and very often, I wind up buying the bottom -- because someone else is panicking.

The pros I follow never dump positions for losses.  They just don't do it.  Once you stop doing it too, you will improve your performance... as long as you've done the work and know the value of what  you own.

No comments: