Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Power of the Net

I doubt there's anyone even reading this blog.  But if there is, you should.  Look, there are very few super gurus out there and those that are super are probably not blogging and if they are, they're probably charging $50/month.  What's up with that?

What I do is browse through about 20 different sites each day.  I keep track of about 30 or 40 good investors that post on various sites.  Then I do my own research and select what I think are the best ideas.  Right now, the smartest people I follow very much like Chinese value microcaps.  In general, I think value investing offers the most reward with the least amount of stress so I like to stick with value.  I also like to trade but my trading tends to get me into trouble.  However, the next group of really successful investors I follow are active investors.  So I tend to allocate the bulk of my money to value stocks and play around with the rest.

Today I sold my CPQQ.ob in my trading portfolio for over $900 profit.  I held it for less than a week so I met my goal for the week.  I made a lot more of course in my longer term holdings.  My mom's portfolio had a monster day today, despite being 50% in cash and the indexes down.  Those China microcap names were huge.

In fact, I usually feel kind of sick to my stomach after making so much money so fast.  I feel like I'm doing something illegal.  I also feel like tomorrow my entire portfolio is going to drop 50%.  I don't have the right psychology to press my gains.  I sold a chunk of CSGH today to lock in the gains.  It's still a big position.

But the point I want to make is that all my success is owed to other people.  By following so many small time traders, I become a much more effective investor.  The whole Internet works for me.  And I work for you.  All you have to do is read my ideas.  It's really that simple.  The synergy of the net is awesome. Twitter is the best tool for traders the 'net has ever created and what's so great is that all of it is free.  Wall Street is run by thieves who screw their clients over, chisel everyone for fees, pay themselves big bonuses, and cry for bailouts when they fail.

Fuck Wall Street.

Together, us little guys with $5 grand or $100 grand or $1 million can outperform every year.  We don't have to pay those fuckers a dime.  And the more we work together, anonymous bloggers or friends or whatever, the more we can win.

I'm never going to start charging (like anyone would pay).  I'm not even going to set up those stupid advertisements on this page.  This is just a personal journal in a public space.  Despite making a half dozen mistakes already in public, I can already feel myself thinking a little clearer.  Maybe you can too.

Anyways, I'm rambling.  Tomorrow I'm going to spend most of the day with my kid so I'm just letting things go.  Not surprisingly, my portfolio often does even better when I'm not around to place stupid bullshit trades like SDS and QID.  (Never again!)  Good luck to you too.  Let's finish this year with a blast of fresh profits.

No comments: