Thursday, October 1, 2009

CHIO - an idea

I like when I start to understand 'why' a stock trades like it does.

CHIO is a new 'hot pick' from my China value blogosphere.

The stock has completely died this quarter.  They have very little cash left.  They were also removed from a China Index: http://www.istockanalyst.com/article/viewiStockNews/articleid/3517266

And if that weren't all, the stock can not be traded online at Ameritrade OR E-Trade, you have to phone in orders.

However, if you look at their business, it looks pretty awesome.  Now, there's no way this stock is going to double anytime soon.  So many things have to happen.  But there are a lot of non-business related issues mentioned above that may be creating a heck of a bargain.  I only own a little bit.  This ticker could languish for a long time.  Is it worth adding. Or perhaps waiting for a catalyst?  Or is it a 'scam'?  (I don't think it's a scam really.)

 It's really not a name I would buy on my own.  But some guys I trust like it.  I wish I had more conviction.  If anyone has an opinion - post a comment.  (As if anyone is reading this blog, haha.)

No comments: